EightParts & Stag Centre

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: EightParts & Stag Centre
From: impact@tyrell.net (Bret Cravens)
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 20:07:28 -0500
In the U.S., about the only spares places I've found for Stag are
EightParts, also known, and I believe previously, as Rovers West, and the
Stag Centre.  Both are in Arizona.  If you can stomach the exchange rate
and shipping, England is always the place to go.  Places like Rimmers and
SNG Barrat provide these USA houses, at the prices we would pay ourselves,
perhaps with a small discount.  Anyway, you pay a hefty markup plus the
recoup of their shipping costs when ordering.  Most prices are at least
twice those in England, accounting for exchange rate.

Service is minimal, although the fellow that runs the Stag Centre is much
more pleasant than the folks at EightParts, and more knowledgeable.

A quick note about SNG Barrat in Britain.  I've placed a couple of orders
with them, and all have come in incomplete.  A boot lid seal was 10 inches
too short.  My side light seals were horrible copies of the original; I
threw them in the trash and made my own, but this could be due to
differences in specs between British and export cars.  The photos I've seen
of British Stags indicate that the ones sent might be right over there.

They've been very accomodating about making things right, and they have the
best selection of stock I've found, but such delays, as the days get
sunnier and my interior gets put back together, are frustrating.  I'm not
saying avoid them; they may well be the best out there.  But check your
original order with what you get very carefully.  And check the bill of
lading with what's in the box.  My shipments have never agreed at either
level.