TR4A vs TR6 Windshield frame questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A vs TR6 Windshield frame questions
From: Tom Leake <TOML@novell.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 1995 10:29:33 -0600
As I was examining the top and windshield frame on my recently
acquired TR4A I noticed that there was no clip for the top to attach to.
Further inspection revealed that there are two sets of holes in the frame
(like a TR6.  I then noticed a VIN tag on the windshield.  After some
scraping I found a CCXXXXXX commission number.  Which according to
the few meager sources I have would make this a TR 6 number.

That brings to the important point.   What are the differences between
the TR6 windshield frame and the TR4.  they only difference I have been
able to find so far is that the 4 has the two holes pre-drilled to accept
the top latch, and the 6 having the large holes in the frame to
accommodate the latch.

My dilemma is will it be more simple to drill the holes in the 6 frame ( and
replace the cap, if it is posible), or should I just find correct frame.

Any of you who have examples of both please let me know,
Thanks,
Tom Leake,
Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.