Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine?

To: Blain_A._Hughes@sbe.scarborough.on.ca (Blain A. Hughes)
Subject: Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine?
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 08:18:36 -0600
Cc: timd@hitu.enet.dec.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, lang@isis.mit.edu
Blain writes:
> The TR6 block without crank,cam ,head or any of the other bits is easily
> carried by two people. Infact, I recently transported  the block,head,cam and
> all the other bits to the rebuilders in the trunk of my car withn no problem.

This is very true.  I carried my disassembled TR6 block to the machine
shop in the back of my honda.  If I remember correctly, I put
everything in the back of the car by myself!  However, if you are
talking about two people picking up a fully dressed TR6 engine, I say
take your hoist.  Besides, if you have the hoist, why not take it?  At
least that way you won't end up over stressing yourself doing the
unthinkable.

I have a great respect for the weight of these cast iron blocks, since
mine dropped (fully assembled) on my foot a few years ago.  It broke
my foot, and left the engine complete unharmed.  Scotty says, "Take
the hoist!"

Safety Fast!

-Scotty