Stag Restoration Near Completion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stag Restoration Near Completion
From: Bret Cravens <impact@tyrell.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 18:42:32 -0500 (EDT)
Hello, brand spanking new to the list.  Read my first 60 pieces of mail,
and much to my surprise (wry sarcastic grin) none of them mentioned the
Stag.  I'm nearing completion of the restoration of a 1973 Mark II LHD
Stag.  Came by it by accident in the classifieds, fell in love with its
lines immediately when I saw it and bought it outright.

After much psychotherapy, I am once again certified as sane.

Anyway, the MSBC (medium-sized british car :) ) had only 25,000 miles on
it, absolutely no rust, but it had been hailed on three times and a tree
had fallen on the left rear wing.  It's completely original, down to the
Stromburgs and Lucas mechanical ignition.  Of course, I have added a
hi-po radiator, oil cooler, direct-drive fan and two electric pusher fans
to it to keep it cool, but I fully plan on driving it as my main car this
summer in the midwestern United States.  It will probably be the only LBC
like it making its wonderful V8 rumble within 1000 square miles.  I fully
agree with Richard Jackson.

Anyway, can anyone point me toward a good electronic ignition system?
Also, I desperately need a left-side vent window seal and the little
gaskets that go at the bottom of the B-posts.  General comments on
suppliers of parts for this rare beast would be immensely appreciated.
Also, I'd like to know of other net sites, lists, and newsgroups that
could help me obtain information about the car.  Having a Stag in the
United States is like having a water jet-ski in Antarctica; you're
aaaaallll aloooooone, and there's no one around to help.

Bret A. Cravens
impact@tyrell.net