Window channel guides in TR4-6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Window channel guides in TR4-6
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 1995 15:30:28 -0400
So with my egg shaped wheels vibrating me all over the place, it has brought
my attention to some of the things that are rattling on the TR.

The window channels in the doors are all messed up.  The little brackets that
are rivoted to the channels are either loose, or completely disconnnected,
and the fuzzy stuff along the channel is essentially gone.

I suppose I could get four new window guides for about $80, but that's money
that comes from the TR wheel fund.  So, are there any suggestions as to
fixing these.  Where to get that fuzzy stuff, whether re-rivoting will do or
should I use some epoxy too?

Open to suggestions.
Scott Tilton