Re: Turbo

To: RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU
Subject: Re: Turbo
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 11:58:54 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995 RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU wrote:

> >How would the purists feel about period-correct modifications?
>
> I don't know if even the concours judges can complain about
> "period-correct" mods. Does any one have a copy of the VTR Concours
> rules handy?

Well, yes, I do. (Thanks to the VTR WWW pages.)

3.6 ASPECTS OF JUDGING:

  3.6.1 PERIOD ACCESSORIES: Accessories which were available to the
  owner during the period when the car was current shall not be a
  cause for a deduction and shall not be considered modifications.
  This includes modern radios if installed in a period mount.

Since so few items were really direct from the factory but, in fact,
were dealer installed, I'd think a good judge would have to allow almost
anything made specifically for a given car while said car was current,
i.e., Judson Superchargers, AMCO badge bars and wind wings, etc.

Andy Mace