RE: TR-6 conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR-6 conversion
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 14:05:57 -0500 (CDT)
William Cianco <wcianci@mail.valverde.edu> writes:
> am thinking about  converting the engine of my tr-6 to an american or
> japanese engine.

Some of you may recall my post of a couple of years ago regarding my
finding a TR-6 housing a turbocharged 4 out of a Merkur XR4ti.
While not a great job, the conversion was passable, but the owner (a
college student not known for his housekeeping) wasn't much on maintenance
or care.

In the end he wanted to sell it, tried to get somewhere close to the >$6000
he had in it, and couldn't even get anyone to wink at it.  I tried to help
him out by having some of Triumph-loving friends to take a look, but noone
was interested in giving more than $1000 for it.

Oh, it did have a nice set of original steel wheels, and I wanted a set,
and he was willing to trade.  So, the turbo-TR6 now also sports a set of
Pirellis on wide mags.

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351