Suspension tells age

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Suspension tells age
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 01:11:17 -0400
Please don't get mad at me for keeping up this thread.  I remember how pissed
everyone was about the terrible 12v vs 6v coil thread that I started on SOL.

I agree that the original rubber upper a arm bushings would be worn out after
so many years no matter how many miles, but I was thinking more along the
line of the nylon bushings on the steel sleeves.

When I redid my supension,  these nylon busings were all so egg shaped, it
made me cringe to think I had been driving the car at all.  Some of them were
even worn through and wearing on the arms themselves.  This to me was a sure
sign that the suspension had trully never been rebuilt.  And that the car was
not a low milage car at all.  (Never claimed It was, Just never knew.)

As if the 5 pounds of dirt I scraped off the suspension parts wasn't a clue
to that!

Scott Tilton
In Richmond Virginia
Never had a bona fide low milage car to inspect for myself.