TR250 Comm. # & Color Code

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 Comm. # & Color Code
From: Henry Frye <pp001287@interramp.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 95 06:15:46 PDT
I recently purchased a 68 TR250.  Hasn't been on the road a LONG time,
cobweds under the hood, acorns left over from little critters using the car
as a home, etc.  You get the picture.  A classic rustbucket.  Yet another
example of an LBC being left outside under a blue tarp for years and
years and years...

Odo reads 28,000 miles. Car has what has to be the original redlines
on it, treadwear looks right for 28,000, and the tires are rotted real bad.
At least the engine fired up easy and seems to run well.  I am planning
wake the neighbors any day now with a midnight road test.  Sorry, back
on subject.

The car is what I believe to be wedgewood blue.  (It is definately blue, I
am pretty sure it is wedgewood)  The problem is the Commission Plate
says the paint code is 25.  TRF and Moss catalogues both tell me 25 is
color code for (Truimph) Racing Green.  I pulled the interior and I have
no doubt this chassis was painted blue when new.

The car exterior was repainted. as evidenced by body putty I found that
has cracked.  As I have not started the bodywork yet,  I have yet to
uncover any real clues that would answer my question.

Is there another place the commission number or paint number is
stamped?  I am wondering if a different chassis may have been put
on the frame.

What does the number plate next to the battery over the heater valve
mean?  Anything to do with paint?

Does anyone know of the factory not properly stamping the color code
on the Comm Plate?

On a side note, what do you use to loosen the knockoff lug holding the
wire wheels on when the BFH fails, a BFS???  (sledgehammer)

My wife took one look at my TR250 and said, "It's worse than I thought"
pp001287@.interramp.com (Henry Frye)