Re: MODEL GT6+

To: "Daniel Marko (4858)" <DMARKO@avc.calgary.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: MODEL GT6+
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 10:16:06 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Daniel Marko (4858) wrote:

> I am so proud of my GT6+ that I have pictures of it everywhere. I
> would like a model of it as well. I am looking for a model kit for
> a Triumph GT6+. If anyone knows of any please let me know.
>
> I hope this is not to far off topic.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan
>
> DMARKO@AVC.CALGARY.AB.CA

Dan,

There are or were a few kits of the GT6+. One was made by Pyro in the late
1960s or early 1970s (cast in brown? plastic). This kit was reissued in the
late 1970s by Lindberg, this time in white plastic. Both were approximately
1:25 scale. There was also a white metal kit by Mikansue of the "Mk.1" GT6 in
1:43 scale, and there may have been a similar kit for the GT6+.

Possibly others exist as well. The above information is from an article
compiled for issue #42 of _The Vintage Triumph_, magazine of the VTR, c. 1987.
There are a number of companies specializing in models, but you might also
have luck at any number of "Toy Fairs" held every year. Shop a bit, as there
is often a wide range of prices, particularly for items such as the kits,
which are long out of production.

Andy Mace, who used to pay more for the models than for the full-size
cars; currently, I can barely afford either size! :-)