RE: Car color

Subject: RE: Car color
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 16:43:13 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
You wrote:

>>I've got some small stone marks and I'm trying to find the color code
for
>>my TR6, can't find it!?! Does anyone know where I can find it? The
last
>>owner said the color name is "Mimosa?? yellow".
>
>Mimosa was indeed a TR6 color, although a newly mixed batch will
almost
>certainly not match the aged color on your TR.  If you have the Moss
TR6
>catalogue it contains a color chart with DuPont and Ditzler numbers,
>although the accuracy of the chart is not impeccable.  The location of
your
>color code depends on the year of your TR6 --- I believe that after
'74
>it's on the commission number plate on the driver's side door pillar.
>
>Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
Texas A&M
> daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409)
845-9351

I Think that your best bet to match the color (for the chips only) is
to contact one of the companies that frequent the auto dealers and
repair chips on newly aquired used cars.  I have used them quite a bit
and they work very well.

They mix the paint on the spot and build up the chip to the surface and
then finally airbrush is on.  I imagine you could probably talk them
into mixing up a little extra for you.

BTW paint codes and etc. dont mean very much to most of them because
they tint it to match the paint as it appears at that time so if you
are due for a buff and wax, you might want to do it beforehand.

Good Luck,

David Clark