Re: Moving driver's seat back in a TR6...?

To: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Moving driver's seat back in a TR6...?
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 21:04:32 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi All,

Just A suggestion.  Even Though I Have a Spitfire (and the legroom
seems to be plentifull), I just had to have another inch or two.  not
only did I move the seat back (2 inches) I also raised it by an inch.
One inch is not all that much to the eye, but as a daily driver it made
a big diferencefor my leggies.  The matter of head room wasn't that big
of a deal since I like to keep the seat reclined enough that My head
never really comes close to the top, but we all know that the top isn't
supposed to be up anyway.

My reccomendation (wether you raise the seat or not).... Remove carpet
and mark location to place holes(obvious),  On my spit I had to weld in
a 1" x 1" x 3"long piece of 1/8"thick steel tube. But you can
substitute  flat plate if you want to keep the the height the same.
The plate will be nessesary to provide a could anchor to tap for the
seat bolts.  And if you make it this far I imagine You can put it all
back together again. :)

Good Luck
Happy Cruising

David Clark