Re: GT-6 Rear end thingys <9504112104.AA05203@hpwaleat.wal.h

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT-6 Rear end thingys <9504112104.AA05203@hpwaleat.wal.hp.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 14:16:18 PDT
>>>John Lupien said:
 >  while you're at it weld in some axle catch loops.

But before you weld them, be sure to stop and think "Can I still get this
puppy  apart?"  if the answer is yes, go ahead.  If it's no, either put the
loops somewhere else or *bolt* them in.

(It may be that on a GT-6 it's a non issue, but I *always* stop and think
before I weld something lest I make it so that only the "hot wrench" can take
it apart.  I can tell some stories of my airplane's landing gear and an
ill-thought-out airworthiness directive, but that's for another list...)

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center