TR7 Backfiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 Backfiring
From: Trey Valenta <fval_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 09:54:32 -0400
My TR7 is backfiring each time I shift; not horribly, but slightly.  The car
had been in storage for a while before I got it, so I put some carby cleaner
in it, and I am still on the first tank of gas.  The plugs look good, and
the air cleaner is new.  Since I have never owned a car without fuel
injection, I don't know what my first step should be.  I plan to rebuild the
carbs, but am gonna wait for a bit before I do.  Should I go ahead and get
the adjustment tool and try and tweak them now, or perhaps run them a bit
and wait for them to get cleaned out?  The guy I bought it from gave me
Grose jets that he never installed.  Do they make the difference as
claimed?  Is it worth going ahead an installing them?

thanks

trey

--
Trey Valenta/761 Genesee Park Blvd/Rochester, NY 14619/716.527.8233
'77 VW Dasher --> '84 VW Scirocco/'68 VW Bug --> '77 TR7 (Courtesy U-Haul)

                        Co-inhabitant of Larva Ed