Torque that nut, baby

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Torque that nut, baby
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 09:13:45 -0600
Just to beat the subject to death... I'll add my $.02.

locktite.

Torque it proper, (as suggested before) but use some blue locktite
(271 I believe) and forget about it.  It's an important bolt, locktite
is a good thing.

My TR6 was making a bit of noise a few years back from the engine
compartment.  The fan was coming off, and getting ready to fly itself
right into the radiator.  The was several years after a rebuild, it
took that long for the nut to work it's way loose.  Anyway, I caught
it in time, and locktighted the sucker.  I've had it off since then,
and the locktite wasn't a problem for removal either.  Hand brake on,
Front brakes on, in gear, tires blocked, big breaker bar.  No problem!

-Scotty