gas flow problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: gas flow problems
From: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 1995 06:45:53 -0400
    Weber Gas Flow Problems                      4/2/95

I just got my 80 Spit, with a electric fuel pump, regulator, and rebuilt
weber 32/36 running today after winter storage, abiet with a fuel starvation
problem.

Scott...

Particularly if your spit sat around you may have swolen fuel line
connectors. There are rubber tubes that connect the tank to the fuel ilne
and in the front there atr at least one connecting the fuel line to the
engine. these become soft and swell like collesterol in the body restricting
flow. you may also have rust in the fuel line.

So check your rubbers. Check your fuel filter. And finally use a compressor
and blow the fuel line from the engine well to the tank to insure you don't
have rust plugging the fuel tank outlet.

All together less than an hour's work and more likely to solve the problem
than rebuilding the carb.

Best of luck and Aloha
Paul