Weber Gas Flow Problems

To: "British Cars Posting" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs Posting" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber Gas Flow Problems
From: "Scott Cypher" <scott_cypher@perform.vt.edu>
Date: 2 Apr 1995 00:28:03 -0500
                      Weber Gas Flow Problems                      4/2/95

I just got my 80 Spit, with a electric fuel pump, regulator, and rebuilt weber
32/36 running today after winter storage, abiet with a fuel starvation problem.

Under any prolonged driving, or excessive power demands, the car start bucking,
and the engine dies.

I know enough of the basics to know that this a fuel starvation problem, caused
by the float chamber not filling up with fuel fast enough to offset fuel use by
the carb.
I know the 4 possible root causes are:
- Mis-set float level
- Failed fuel pressure regulator
- Clogged fuel filter/line
- Failed/faulty fuel pump/check valve

The only thing that has changed between when the car last ran and today is
about 5 months and a rebuilt carb (by Craftworks, Ltd in TX)  I have yet to
call Martin about this to get his input.

What I would like some tricks people have leard on how to test and quickly
eliminate the above elements.  I imagine I'll have to pull the carb apart, but
I'd like to make sure I've eliminated all the other possibilities before doing
so.  Any help would be appreciated.