Re: [Tigers] More Common Part Questions...

To: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>, Larry Mayfield via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More Common Part Questions...
From: GARY WINBLAD <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 15:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_73951_77148633.1633376354757

Hi Mayf,
The Alpine a-arms are the same except they have a "stop" for the steering
angle, a tab sticking up that could be cut off..
as far as I know.  The spindles are the same (they have a little (trianglular)
projection at the bottom for the aforementioned Alpine
a-arm stop tab, not used on the TIger which relies on the rack travel stop.
Ball joints the same, though I think the TIger ones may be up-spec'd by some
suppliers?
Hubs same I think.  Tie rod ends are DIFFERENT.
Gary

>     On 10/04/2021 1:48 PM Larry Mayfield via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>

>     Are the front lower A arms the same on Alpine S5 as Tiger?  Front upright
> spindles? Upper and lower ball joints?  Front hubs? Tie rod ends? I know
> steering arms are different,  but what else is common? Generally.
>

>     Anything else?
>

>     mayf

------=_Part_73951_77148633.1633376354757

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
   Hi Mayf,
   The Alpine a-arms are the same except they have a "stop" for the steering
angle, a tab sticking up that could be cut off..
   as far as I know.&nbsp; The spindles are the same (they have a little
(trianglular) projection at the bottom for the aforementioned Alpine
   a-arm stop tab, not used on the TIger which relies on the rack travel stop.
   Ball joints the same, though I think the TIger ones may be up-spec'd by some
suppliers?
   Hubs same I think.&nbsp; Tie rod ends are DIFFERENT.