[Tigers] Radiators

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Radiators
From: H B Elam via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 17:15:53 -0400
My 2 cents.
While in Long Beach, CA in early 90â??s I had a radiator shop recore a spare
stock radiator with the fin package for fork trucks. Worked great for years. By
that I mean that the temp gauge could go above 200F but it never puked. For the
last five or so years I have been running a Griffins Aluminum. The company
REQUIRES that you use premixed 50-50 antifreeze-water. I have been in a stop
and go parade for over two hours without boil over. The temp gauge did show
over 210F but no boil over. As soon as I could get up to speed temp immediately
dropped to 190F. On the road, top down, any speed the temp gauge needle
partially covers the â??2â?? of 200F. My engine builder wanted the engine to
run at 190K.
B382000471
TAC#37