[Tigers] OIL PUMP/DIST DRIVE

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] OIL PUMP/DIST DRIVE
From: clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:41:15 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1489582_1138234766.1597412475658

I know it doesn't help at this point, but should you rebuild the engine or have
to remove the shaft from the engine due to a missing or broken retaining clip:
I replace the stock shaft with the larger diameter chrome moly shaft avail from
the aftermarket, the larger diameter fits the hole in the block tighter so the
shaft doesn't have all that wiggle room making installation a pain sometimes. I
have also seen in an engine I took apart once that the smaller oem shaft was
epoxy glued into the distributor, it went in and out easily, I probably
wouldn't do it but....Another quick note on the oil pan replacement: if you use
the felpro blue rubber gasket it is one piece and comes with 4 alignment pins
which makes the install quite nice especially if you are doing it alone, its
more expensive than the cheaper cork/paper with rubber end pieces, but is worth
the money
------=_Part_1489582_1138234766.1597412475658

point, but should you rebuild the engine or have to remove the shaft from the
engine due to a missing or broken retaining clip: I replace the stock shaft
with the larger diameter chrome moly shaft avail from the aftermarket, the
larger diameter fits the hole in the block tighter so the shaft doesn't have
all that wiggle room making installation a pain sometimes. I have also seen in
an engine I took apart once that the smaller oem shaft was epoxy glued into the
distributor, it went in and out easily, I probably wouldn't do it
but....Another quick note on the oil pan replacement: if you use the felpro
blue rubber gasket it is one piece and comes with 4 alignment pins which makes
the install quite nice especially if you are doing it alone, its more expensive
than the cheaper cork/paper with rubber end pieces, but is worth the money</div>

------=_Part_1489582_1138234766.1597412475658--

--===============4386233821592392359==