Re: [Tigers] Windshield Glass

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Windshield Glass
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:32:59 -0800
If they are the same then it is a bonanza to the Caravelle folks.  The
Alpine/Tiger windshield I found for $139.  The Caravelle..., $745 plus $80
shipping from a vendor named "Mr. Fiat." So, that would be no advantage to
the Alpine/Tiger folks.

But, yes, they do look similar. The glass matching can be tricky though. I
have a '64 Studebaker Daytona. The difference between the sedan and the
convertible/wagon models is a barely noticeable 1/2" in the far upper
corners.  So, you can be that..., close and still not.  The Studebaker
windshield is almost impossible to find and I eventually settled on the
convertible/wagon glass with the corners cut back.  The guy used an angle
grinder and then I smoothed the edges with a Dremel and a v-e-r-y light
touch.