Re: [Tigers] Dipstick (the item, not the derogatory term)

To: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>, Tiger E-mail Q&A <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dipstick (the item, not the derogatory term)
From: David or Gary Franchi <wwwdg@webtv.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:52:23 -0700
You would have to buy one of the repro dip sticks, and remove the "cap/bell",
which isn't easy.I
 have removed a couple of the dust caps from one dip stick
and added
them to a Tiger dip stick. They Do Not come off easy and don't go
back
on easy. They are held on by those two crimp tabs very well and I don't
believe they would come off in use, (don't know why so many Tiger dip sticks,
mainly the short finger pull model are missing the dust cap unless they were
removed when Rootes shortened the finger pull and weren't put back on or were
made originally without them I think this was discussed on the List before) it
would take a lot of wear to come
off if they were made originally by the
factory with the short finger pull..
No one sells/makes just the dust cap, I believe Scott Drake makes the repro.
dip stick.

David

<tigers@autox.team.net>
> Sent: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 00:14:16 -0000 (UTC)
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dipstick (the item, not the derogatory term)
>
> The long handle
> dip stick is a standard Ford part (originally from a 1962
> Fairlane, it
> was used on early small block Fords until around early 1965)
> with the
> handle bent to clear the hood. The later Mustang dip stick has a
> round handle, not flat, and is not correct.
> The short handle Tiger dip stick is the same as the long handle, except
Rootes