Re: [Tigers] Power Shifts

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Power Shifts
From: Sandy <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:51:56 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=pacbell.net; b=MwT2L/itftlD5omQMNAbHX70xlRt+wwjTvZtI2ydbIlgkGL/HIv54SrMzC+zlSzymGZI3reGsYsynZYvpjC7uQv6R7bbsS803ORlPZ/1O/o77lAVx6KdHQgJYRHuhe8Dc6PBMs7QTEWGR82cVMu5W8HBsH6ggpOyTBdJRvkB+rQAZREwWAjugsv1iuOXGUA7vruz0zTJO7A2Hs4niYpdyrjxpj+Z3qiptZAtdUzZPlzmwUnFL6AfLI/C5C1LfyMGlOeKG3xhimN9zGFBjok/qiiAknRqktHidQSTB/qDNRAdsMNEEIdAn+hH+iE0XAUppiJKMYbFzY8wfwMnUe7TCA==;
Their are a few cases were power shifts are good to go -

1. Rental Cars
2. Looking cool during the violent one time test of your engine and
driveline.

 From experience it might work on the drag strip with a car set up for
it doing it.

 From my personal experience in NON RENTAL CARS

1. Broken spider gears D44
2. Twisted pinion  off D44
3. Broken U-Joints
4. Sideways into a parked car
5. Broken off shifter handle
6. Broken engine mount
7. Destroyed engine thrust bearing
8. Cracked/removed friction material on clutch disk

And so on.

Never broke a gear box, but plenty of time for that. But now that I'm
older and somewhat wiser (only a little) I now reserve the speed
shifting for rental cars when manuals trans are available. If you want
to go fast for drag racing just get an automatic something ;)

IMO it's all around it bad for everything although wickedly fun when
done correctly.

Sandy
Quote - "Is it true Mr. Frankenstein that you can shift faster then a
1/60th of a second"... No Comment