[Tigers] Tiger II mouldings

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger II mouldings
From: snakebit289 <snakebit289@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:28:39 -0700
We don't know why someone thought these mouldings were worth $8K plus. Was it
a private party finishing a restoration whose only missing items were these
mouldings, was it a commercial restorer instead who had carte blanche to
finish a Tiger II, no matter the amount, was it someone already planning to
reproduce sets of these?

The first thing I thought of was the red Mark II
IIRC from eBay a few months ago, that looked to be held together just by the
paint. Suddenly, $22K for that car seems not near so bad, if the new owner is
parting it out, and now knows he has $8K in mouldings alone. The second thing
that occurred to me is a certain historic Alpine V in the south with a nice
set of Mark II mouldings. I did email the owner and suggest that he up his
insurance value another $9K.

The other factor is determining how many new
sets will the  market need. How many cars still need them, of the original
533, and how many sets extra to account for the Mark II's that become involved
in collisions that will need them in the future.

Rande