Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 250

To: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 250
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:00:57 -0700
Cc: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Good thoughts.  My dad used to joke about the British and their starter.
On the Alpine, the starter had this great little knob on the back.  It was
there so that when the starter jammed, you could put a spanner on it and
free the starter.  While it seemed like a great idea (and neither the
Germans nor Japanese had such a great thing), the better solution for
jamming starters would have been to fix the jamming problem in the first
place (which the Germans and Japanese seemed to do).