Re: [Tigers] Tiger lockout shifter (more info)

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger lockout shifter (more info)
From: David or Gary <wwwdg@webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:58:16 GMT
I believe the shift lever part numbers in the Tiger parts book might
be for the "Cobra Style" short shifter (or not) (drawing shown in the
Tiger book is the short shifter), Part number 6100016 (C4JZ-7202-A) LHD
was Superseded by 6100663 (C4JZ-7202-C) RHD, don't know why LHD & RHD
would be different. Also these numbers were for the complete lever with
the knob, boot and chrome ring.

I ordered a 6100663 from RJ Grimes in England (in the late 1970's) and
it was the long Tiger shifter, with knob and boot (no ring). Don't know
if Rootes just superseded the short shifter with the long one, or they
never had a short one in stock for parts.

I checked my Ford part books and none of the Ford shifters have a "7202"
part number they are "7210" they also come with the boot but nothing
else, could be the difference in the 7202/7210 part number?

I can't find my book with Cobra/Shelby parts to check the number on the
Cobra short shifter, no Fords used this short shifter. I believe the
Tiger with the longer shift lever used the early Falcon lever
C4DZ-7210-E or Fairlane C4OZ-7210-D. If we had the number of the "Cobra"
shifer this might help clear up the "Tiger" numbers, for those who care.
Anyone know the "Cobra" short shift lever number?

David Franchi
Tigers@autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums