Re: [Tigers] Headers versus Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headers versus Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
SORRY to the LIST and both Dr. Mayf and Dr. Moonstone- I  get the days mixed
up, why not two Dr's. who happen to have names that start w/ the same letter
(M). At any rate, I would still recommend checking with DR. Moonstone as Dr.
Mayf would not  give a recommend about his headers unless true. THEN, be kind
enough to tell everyone what it is on the outside and if there is something
besides ceramic used on the inside. Headers become a large investment when you
add the original cost and then having them coated etc. I have a set, never
prefit them (DUH) had them sent off by a friend here in town who owns the
largest Jaguar mail order business in the state- to my knowledge and chances
are very high if you have a friend who bought a rebuilt Jag water pump, it was
done in my friends business as I used to ride with his son who was in charge
of the shop that rebuilt the pumps, I sadly report that after a motorcycle
accident and several months of acomma, that
 he passed, just a young man, maybe 35 now(this was at least 1 year back) and
I was always impressed by the great relationship the father and son shared,
one I wish I had with my own son.
Bill Terry also builds professional racing engines for Jags. My friend,
because of a class change would have been running against our own Tiger Teams
but had, for a reason I never learned, not been able to pass the physical
after the change BUT he did do quite well when racing in another class, so I
was anxious to see how he faired against the Tiger guys, who do quite well I
might add.

Sorry again for the wrong recommend. Everyone please have a great day and I
seriously hope each of you and yours have just that.
Many regards, TonytheTiger