Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion (Mustang II'S)

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <mark.rense@ge.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion (Mustang II'S)
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:14:37 -0700
I think the idea was to reduce a target component of emissions.  NOx I think
but I'm not looking it up.  For a few years in California you had to install
a NOx 'kit" in certain vehicles.  These all reduced ignition timing under
various conditions.  The cheapest one I ever saw consisted of plugs for the
vacuum advance hose and a sticker for the speedometer that cautioned against
driving over 55 MPH (or something like that).  Back then the HC limits were
pretty loose.  There was definitely a trade off made to reduce certain
pollutants while allowing some others to increase.

Frank