Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap

To: Rollright@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 17:17:18 -0400
Jim:

My Rootes parts book lists two numbers for the radiator cap in a MkI,
5220487 (9 lbs) and 1224725 (13 lbs).  I have the
original cap from my Tiger (B382002384LRXFE) which looks pretty much
like the #8100 cap from Mustangs
Unlimited, but the markings are different.  It has the characters ARH
1687 near one "ear" and the numeral "9"
by the other "ear".  The only other markings are the word "TIGHTEN" with
an arrow indicating clockwise rotation
and the words "REMOVE SLOWLY" on the opposite side.  Based on that, I
would say you are looking for a
9 lb/in^2 cap if you want absolute authenticity.  However, it seems 13
lb/in^2 is an allowable option, and that is what
I have always used, just to the raise the boiling pt. a little.

Tod