Unknown springs

To: "Tiger Email List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unknown springs
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 14:34:23 -0700
Hello listers.

I'm trying to identify the front springs in my Mk 1A. If anybody knows their
origin and any specs I would be very grateful.

They are red coated, perhaps vinyl Eibach-style, as is the standard thickness
sway bar. This may have been a previous owner's cosmetic treatement but it
appears they came that way from the manufacturer.

The springs are stamped with a number, although it is not completely legible.
As near as I can determine it says 1WS36, although the 3 could be a 7.

Other dimensions are free length of 11-1/2 ins, 8-1/2 total coil winds and
wire diameter of 0.54 inches.

With these installed, the front end is too low, almost on the bump stops with
a half inch rubber insulator ring on top. Hence the reason for researching in
order to restore some ride height and suspension travel.

Any and all thoughts welcomed.