Re: Looking for a Roll Bar

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for a Roll Bar
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:00:41 -0500
I think they are called show bars are that in fact *it* would hold up to
a roll-over, but you would need a casket 2-6 inches shorter than you
would if you had "moved to the next level" in a different manner than
dragging along with the shiny side down.

I don't think there is any way to have a proper fixed roll bar and a
top.  A friend who builds cages for pro and amateur race teams says that
he could make a bar with an extended, removable section on the top.
Claims it would be every bit as safe as a solid welded one.  I dunno,
but he's the pro....

Chris