Tiger wiring

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger wiring
From: "Randal J. Zimmermann" <zimme008@umn.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:28:58 CDT
After a lengthly restoration, I'm on the verge of getting the Tiger
started. Having installed a new wiring harness, I've carefully tried to get
all the wires on the correct connections. Given that electrical engineering
is not my strong suit, I hope that I can get some advice from those with
more experience.

When I connect the battery, the ignition warning light immediately comes on
(switch being in OFF position) and the starter solenoid clicks once without
engaging the starter. I've checked the wiring on the ignition switch and
solenoid against the workshop manual wiring diagram and all appears to be
correct. Could it be that the solenoid switch is bad? It worked before I
tore the Tiger down but that was several years ago. Any advice will be
appreciated. Thank you.

Randy Zimmermann
St. Paul, MN

MkIa (B382002349)