Re: Sticky booster

To: "Brent Edinger" <banana111@msn.com>, "tigers"
Subject: Re: Sticky booster
From: "P. R. Hulse" <phulse@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 22:22:58 -0700
Brent,
I had the same problem after a booster rebuild.  The problem with mine was
some very minor pits on the inside of the can.
Buy a 7" bore hone, they use them on Cat's.  Stick in a drill and hone that
can.  Lube it when you are done and make sure the leather seal has not dried
out.  If is has soak it in linseed oil for a few days and re-install.  Never
a stuck brake again.

Philip "Commodore Blues" Hulse

Snip....

> Hi All!, I can't take it any longer.  Is there anybody who can put
together
> one of these girling boosters and have them work consistantly and
correctly?
Snip...