[Fwd: Car Racing vs Sailboat Racing]

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Fwd: Car Racing vs Sailboat Racing]
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:34:34 -0800
  A friend since we both owned new MG-TD's wrote me this little bit of
wisdom.  Of course he is still a car enthusiast, as the disease is
incurable, but has been into sailing for over 35 years (along with
fellow yacht club member Lew Spencer).

Steve

Quote:

For your consideration:

This is a bit out of Scuttlebutt I thought some of my car racing
enthusiasts might enjoy..
Gene

  * Larry Gotch (re Solo sailing): Back in the 70's I was seriously
considering auto racing as a carrier. In a meeting with the Ferrari race
team manager, Dick Fritz, he gave me these sage words of advice, "Cheating
death is fun, but death only has to win once." Now I do my racing in a
monohull (with a crew).

Kinda gets you where you live, doesn't it?

--

Steve Laifman
Editor