RE: Derale Fan

To: "'Brent Edinger'" <banana111@msn.com>
Subject: RE: Derale Fan
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:27:57 -0400
Brent,
The Derale fan is a very good unit as it does not cost HP and modestly
impacts throttle response as it has a flexing stainless blade. The staggered
blades help to reduce the noise and the blocking effect some fans cause at
freeway speed. The idle airflow is exceptional and it works great on my car.
I had to trim a half an inch off of my fan blades all the way around the
stainless blade. It worked great and it wound up cut down to the reinforcing
piece at the end of the blades. I did need to slightly bend the blades back
to ensure clearance to me radiator hose. The result if great and I would not
discount it as I have NEVER had good results with the light weight plastic
of aluminum fans. The fan is mostly for low RPM (low speed) and that is
where you need it to function the most.
I really like it due to its durability.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak