Convertible and LAT Hood

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertible and LAT Hood
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:35:49 -0500
Tigers,
I have started the frustrating task of installing a new Robbins convertible
top. I have managed to get the rear installed fine getting the seam to line
up with the rear bow with the window 4" above the rear sail panel. The
problem I face is both how to pull it tight to secure the front edge as well
as how to tighten up the sides as they seem to stay wrinkly (Theo I know
what you mean now). The Robbins top seems to have the side flaps sewn too
low and they bump into the ¼'s if I try to pull the top down further to
tighten it up. The sides at the rear edge of the side glass fit fine and I
was wondering if there is some secret technique to this. I will lay out the
instructions for others once I am done right down to how to line up the top
with the side glass. ANY HINTS?????

LAT HOOD I have been trying to get a hood from Aerodyne but I am not able to
talk to Kent I have talked to both his son and his dad but the number I call
is only answered intermittently. I was hoping someone might have a better
number that will actually reach him.