Re: Doors and windwings

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Subject: Re: Doors and windwings
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 18:49:49 -0500
Thanks again Jay.  Another Keeper.

I don't have the STOA article, so your advise is a real God Sent.  If
you remember, I am doing a ground up resto, so everything is off, and
needs to be installed, including hard top (conv frame not restored yet),
windows, etc, etc.

I have some old CAT specs for the windshield to back post of 23"
something specs, and the rest is a guess.  I was going to fit and
adjust, fit and adjust, and on and on.  I have new rubber on everything,
including new windshield, and rubber.

It seams that those who do a complete resto, don't have articles on
this.  Oh well, this is the fun, chalange of it all.

I did use the JC Whitney Dynomat on the doors, to the rear fenders
besides the gas tanks, and the trunk, behind the inside bracing.  Lots
of difference in the tin can sound effects.  Not a Mercedes, but much better.

I am not sure of using it on the floor to replace the old tar stuff, as
I was going to use the insulation with the 2 layers of alum foil to act
as sound and heat barriers.

That is a little down the road as of yet, but not that far.

Thanks again.

BTW, is there any other useful info in the STOA article.

Larry