Windows HELP!

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Windows HELP!
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:39:52 -0800

I am happy to report that now that I have all the insides in my doors and
aligned the doors, they close with a beautiful strong clunk.  On the other
hand, has anyone had any experience putting later window regulators into
earlier doors?  Like to install the higher handle?

I mounted the SV regulators and made an adapter to bolt them up since they
moved the handle up.  This was easy and everything lines up fine.  I used
the S3 internal guides, front and back - but side by side comparison
between S3 and SV shows them to be identical.  I had to put the SV metal
channels on the bottom of the glass because the grooves are different
dimensions and need to match.

Everything works great, with little stress moving them up and down, EXCEPT
up near the top, it seems like the scissor arms are rubbing up against the
inside of the door metal.  No amount of adjusting the bottoms of where the
front and back guides are seems to take this away.

Am I SOL here?  I might just leave it as is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jay