RE: Door Hinges

To: "Dobrowski Robert S" <Robert.Dobrowski@JSF.Boeing.com>
Subject: RE: Door Hinges
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 07:54:17 -0700

>I was comparing the door check strap rivets on my Tiger and my TR-6 and
they
>appear to be very similar. These rivets are readily available for the
TR-6.
>MOSS P/N 325-275 $0.65, Victoria British P/N 12-8189 $0.88.

I assume these are not pop rivets.  How are they installed, and do I have
to buy another $39.95 tool?

Also, I too rememberd something that might work.  My kid's swing set has
these neat fasteners.  One end is a standard round head screw, the other
end has the same round head screw, but instead of a rod with threads on the
outside, it has a tube with threads on the inside.  I have no idea where to
find these or what their technical name is.  But, they'd work nicely and
look nice too.

Jay