Re: springs

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: springs
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 07:38:48 -0700
Thanks Jim for the explain.  Now I know why my right leg hurts every time
we go on a long run.  I suspect my car was autocrossed or drag raced
because of the way it was set up.  I want to bring It back to stock specs
someday but I'm having fun with it right now and there isn;t much traffic
were I live.  It's just going into the populated areas that cause me grief.
(trying to stop) Course it would help if I put the brake booster back on
%0).  Happy Tigering

>Armand,
>    I set my camber as you did, with tons of negative camber.  My suspension
>was in the process of sagging and when I finally removed it for rebuilding
>and straightening it had well over 3 degrees of negative camber.  I Vintage
>Raced my Tiger for six years, and toward the end, I found my car would not
>stop nearly as well as three others that were on track at the same time.
>Consequently, I had to begin braking earlier than the others. The
>temperatures across the width of the tread showed I was trying to stop the
>car with about half of the front tire surface area on the ground.  It sure
>loved the turns, but fast lap times are determined by the time your foot is
>on the loud-pedal, not on the brake pedal.
>    As you said, using negative camber is a cheap trick, and not a solution.
>Jim Leach,  Seattle

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie