Re: CA Law on Front License Plate

To: c1967@email.com
Subject: Re: CA Law on Front License Plate
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 10:32:53 -0700
c1967@email.com wrote:

> Hello All:
> I just got my Tiger registered with "Historical Plates". On the form I was
>able to mark one plate or two plates. I asked the DMV person helping me and
>she said that I could have my choice. If it truly is a law that you have a
>front plate, why do you have the choice of asking for a single one? I think
>you are getting screwed Andy. Did you give the cop the finger or something?
> Scott
> Mk1

What the law states is that you must mount ALL the plates ISSUED.  Since the
Historical Plate is offered in a choice, you can choose one and use just one
(at the rear).  This concession for historical vehicles is unique, to say the
least.  If you are tired of the plates that came with your car, or don't have
the originals, this is a good option.  And legal.  But only in those
states that offer the choice (California) and sometimes enforce it (if you
pis-- off the officer).

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/