RE: generator bearings

To: "'netscott@earthlink.net'" <netscott@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: generator bearings
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:01:58 -0600
That's a really good idea (who was your rebuilder, anyway?). Since the rear
bearing is just down from the large vent holes, it gets to see a fair bit of
whatever moisture and dust that makes its way into the engine compartment. It
might be a good idea to make some kind of skirt to prevent garbage from getting
onto the commutator and the rear bearing, but you will need to keep the vent
slots open. Note: the slots at the rear are the cooling air _inlets_.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705