Re: Paint Remover

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint Remover
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:26:43 -0800 (PST)
>Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:54:50 -0800
>From: Craig Wright <craig@p-d-g.com>
>Subject: Re: Paint Removal
>
>I accidentally sprayed some brake cleaner on some powder coated
>suspension parts and when I went to quickly wipe it off it had already
>softened the surface.  It may work for paint removal.
>
>Craig Wright

As I was removing the rear suspension from my Cobra I sprayed the
working area with Brakaleen to clean off the 35 years of accumulated
grease and muck.  To my surprise I noticed that it was taking the paint
off too.  It was particularly noticeable when the orange paint on my
vintage Konis started dripping on the garage floor.

Since then brake cleaner has become my chassis paint remover of choice.
It works really fast, and takes the paint off right down to the metal.
Gotta watch out for the wiring harness and assorted plastic pieces,
though.

And I used to think brake fluid was such a great paint remover!

Roland