Conversions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Conversions
From: Bill Gullatt <mrbillg@real-comps.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 18:00:43 -0600
In the midst of all this conversion talk I have a few questions.

Being an accomplished body man and having worked on all makes and models
as well as at least a half a dozen Tigers, Alpines and Algers please
answer these dilemas.

A quarter panel is replaced on a Tiger using factory metal and factory
seams. Is it a rebody?

A front clip is replaced on a Tiger using a clip off of a '59 Alpine.
All nedded changes are made so once installed it now looks like a '65
Tiger. Is it a rebody?

A 1965 Shelby is restored using all "FORD" metal to repair rust and
collision damage. It is a National Concours winner. Is it a rebody?

Are there more numbers on a Tiger or Alpine that could be used to
identify a Tiger or Alger?

I spent 15 years of my life perfecting my art so the cars I fixed could
not be identified as being repaired. I do not agree with the handfull of
people in this country who try to pass fakes off as the real thing but
I  want to be sure... In the eyes of the purest am I a criminal?

Oh yeah! Check out my Alger for sale on the classified page. It would
make a great doner for a Tiger owner looking for perfect original sheet
metal.

Bill Gullatt
mrbillg@real-comps.com