Re:

To: Mario.Jorquera@fhwa.dot.gov
Subject: Re:
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 19:51:13 -0700
On 06 Aug 1997 07:31:23 -0400 "Jorquera, Mario"
<Mario.Jorquera@fhwa.dot.gov> writes:

>Help!  I just finished changing the points on my Mark 1,
>and it runs great.  It's amazing that it was running at all
>before...it seemed to have no gap at all.  One question,
>though.  When I went for a ride, the tachometer now
>indicates about twice the actual RPM than what the
>engine is turning.  It's fun pegging the needle at 6000
>rpm, but I liked it better the way it was.  I looked at the
>book and re-checked all connections, and it all looks
>OK.  Any of you out there know what I did wrong?

Mario,
It IS normal for the tach to read too high when it gets old.
According to Mr. Tach (Mark Olson) its probably the big capacitor
inside.  There is an adjustment inside to let you put it
where it should be, see the tech tips (and Mark's Tiger web
site).  Sounds like a good design that fails on the high side,
but a design that changes RPM with dwell angle???

Gary
B9470622 etc.