New Aluminum Radiators (was: Remember???)

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Aluminum Radiators (was: Remember???)
From: Jim Parent <jimparent@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 01:27:56 -0400
Roland,

Nobody has ever accused me of being informed but what I think is that
copper is a better material to build radiators out with regards to therma=
efficiency PER UNIT AREA.  Al. (I know him so I can call him Al.) has the=

advantage of being able to be built stronger for a given size so Al
radiators can be built bigger and with less internal support area (read
that as greater fluid flow; air and water) than can copper.  If you are
going to duplicate a copper radiator in Al. then you will, I think, lose
effeciency.  If you are going to take advantage of Als greater strength a=
nd
lighter weight per Unit volume, then you come out ahead with it.

If your new zoomie chiller will be bigger (where ya gonna put it?) or hav=
more internal capacity (now we're talking) then you should realize an
improvement in cooling capacity.

Regards,
Jim Parent
B9470139