Re[2]: Where does one draw the line?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Where does one draw the line?
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 10:29:18 PST
     ALL;

     -Before the flames & the bad-vibes get too extreme on the TAC issue,
     I'd like to inject some non-emotional quenching onto an often
     too-emotional subject.

     -Yes, we all love our TIGER's, and for whatever psychological reason
     have picked this particular hard-to-work-on, hybrid car for a
     hobby/business, purist and modified-camps both.

     -A big "sorry" to the folks who are not on either coast, one of the
     "blessings" we put up with along with the smog, crime, crowds, C.O.L.,
     etc. is the number of people who specailize in our marque. I consider
     myself very fortunate to be in such close proximity to so many helpful
     and wholly-unselfish people. I do know the TAC-folks have made
     attempts, and spent money in order to authenticate cars in other parts
     of the U.S. Tom, Paul, Norman, Mike, Don, etc. have given extra effort
     & time to do this.

     -Yes, I own TAC # 066. And, one rainy Saturday a month or 2 ago, Tom
     Hall and Mike Andres spent 2-3 hours putting various Alpine/Tigers on
     an overhead rack to give me the TAC "Inspector's training" so I could
     pass the exam. The reason? So I can learn as much, as fast as possible
     about these cars, and to pass on my growing, but small, amount of
     knowledge to others and help keep the marque going for future owners.
     Be patient. I'm sure efforts are being made to have a TAC-person in
     your area.

     -Bottom line, TAC exists to make sure people don't get burned buying
     an "Alger" or something else, if it's being represented as a true
     TIGER. Also, hopefully a "TAC'd" car can bring a higher selling price
     later on, when it comes up for sale.

                                            Phil