Re: [Spridgets] engine pull

To: "'Marc'" <smarc@smarc.net>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] engine pull
From: "Guy Weller" <guy.weller@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:38:34 +0100
--===============0868897791==

Marc,
Before you reassemble, shorten those two slave cylinder bolts and grind a
slight pointy bit on the end. It will make re-fitting and removal very much
easier.

If you just remove the slave cylinder and leave it connected with its
flexible pipe, then there should be no need to re-bleed it - assuming it was
working OK before.

Ring gears can look quite bad but be perfectly OK. There is a chamfer on the
rear edge of the teeth that gets burred over but that is acceptable and not
to worry over. That said, replacing a ring gear seems a bit scary in case it
goes wrong, but very easy when you actually do it!

Sounds like you did pretty well. It takes me 1hour 15mins to remove engine
and gearbox together, but then I have done this quite a few times.   ;-)

Guy