Frank and Buster in the UK - long

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Frank and Buster in the UK - long
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 16:09:43 EDT
Hi list looks like I've managed to get back on the list - just to update on
Frank & Buster's visit to the UK.

Frank and Buster arrived in the UK safely and we met up last Thursday
afternoon.  They have a hire car and Frank's done some of the driving.  Frank
discovered our traffic lights have amber (orange/yellow) just as I discovered
in 98
that yours don't.

They have both sorted out their cell phones though I keep telling Frank to
use my house phone.  Frank is still on the list but Diane is supposed to be
checking his e-mail so maybe she can ring us after checking what time it is
here
else Frank will putting more credit on his phone.

We've had a cultural experience of Grocery shopping but Frank mostly wanted
tea and chocolate.  We had Plaice for dinner!

On the Friday we went to the Transport museum in Coventy and aside from a lot
of vintage and classic cars saw the the fastest two cars in the world.  I
think they both enjoyed the day and it was a change for me to be able to look
at
the exhibits without my 2 daughters racing on ahead.  I don't think Frank had
ever seen a penny farthing bicycle before.  We also went to the ruins of
Coventry Cathedral.

Saturday Frank and Buster drove to just outside Leicester to visit a friend
of Franks.

Sunday Frank came with us to Church while Buster rested (he has a bad back
ache) and in the afternoon we went to a small classic car show.  I'm not that
excited about going to car shows but they insisted I went and well, we saw some
classic cars including a couple of A40s the last SuperSprite built (K series
engined) and a bunch of other stuff including some old commercial vehicles -
one was a fire engine from NJ!

I took each of them for a drive in my Sprite which wasn't that exciting since
the engine is now very tired and the new one is still in boxes in my garage
and office here at home.  I think despite being baulked on my 'high speed run'
I managed just over 100mph with Frank (roof up) and just under 100mph with
Buster (roof down but didn't get baulked as badly).  With Frank I also did a
few
drifting laps of a local roundabout and also a 4th gear (3.9 diff) pull from
2,500 rpm - with a Kent 286 cam.

Monday they drove over to Alan East Jones and I think by today they are
further south.  They both have cell phones if anyone wants to ring them.

Frank hasn't unsubscribed from the list.

Regards

Daniel1312