Re: San Diego British Car Day

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: San Diego British Car Day
From: Rick Snover <ricksnover@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:44:31 -0700
At 03:58 PM 8/31/2006, David Lieb wrote:
>>I hope everybody gets their pre-registration sent in by Sept. 12th.
>>You'll not only save $5, but the number of trophies available for our
>>cars is based on the number of pre-registrations. We've only had 1st and
>>2nd place trophies for Sprites the last few years. I think we need like
>>12 or 15 pre-registered to get a 3rd place trophy.
>Do they have to actually show up, too? If not, we could probably all send
>in a registration and end up with more trophies than cars. I would like to
>see their solution to that dilema ;-)

Go for it! There'd be no dilemma if there're enough $15 pre-registrations
to cover the cost of the extra trophies. I'd need to work with the SD Mini
club (they'll be acquiring the trophies) to split the Sprites into two
categories, Bugeye and Post-Bugeye, with 1st through 2nd or 3rd in each.
Maybe in 2008, for the 50th.

(Did I mention that the SD British Car Club Council has already designated
the Sprite as the featured car for the 2008 show?)

Rick